This fall, freshmen students at St. Catherine University, St. Thomas University, Augsburg College, and Bethel University are eligible to receive an additional $10 on their Go-To cards.The Central Corridor Anchor Partnership ("Partnership") is hosting a social media contest, #10dollarTransitBonus, inviting freshmen students at the four participating colleges to post a vine, video, or photo that they create with the hashtag #10dollarTransitBonus. A $25 Starbucks™ gift card will be awarded every week for four weeks to the most shared content each week that is marked with the hashtag #10dollarTransitBonus. Contest submissions will be accepted through noon on Friday, October 14, 2016.
Freshmen students participating in the freshmen Go-To program at St. Kate's, St. Thomas, Augsburg, or Bethel may create vines, videos, or photos with the hashtag #10dollarTransitBonus about their use of Metro Transit and share it with their social media networks. The Partnership will monitor the hashtag traffic each week to determine which Tweet experiences the most social media engagement (determined by the number of times the Tweet has been liked or re-Tweeted). Whichever #10dollarTransitBonus receives the most social media engagement by each Friday at noon will win a $25 Starbucks™ gift card. The weekly winner will be announced each Monday at noon.
The contest will run for four weeks, beginning on Monday, September 19, 2016. The final week's submissions will be due by October 14, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Weekly deadlines are 12:00 p.m. on September 23 (winner anounced September 26), September 30 (winner announced October 3), October 7 (winner announced October 10), and October 14 (winner announced October 17). Winners will be announced via the@CCAnchorPartner Twitter account, the Green Line Go! app. Winners will be contacted via a direct message on Twitter to claim their prize.
Participants must be students at St. Catherine University, St. Thomas University, Bethel University, or Augsburg College who are part of each college's 2016 freshmen Metro Transit Go-To card $10 bonus program. Entries are only eligible for the week in which they are submitted, and are not eligible for a prize outside of that week. Any entries received after the 12:00 p.m. deadline each Friday of the contest period will be entered into the competition for the following week. Any entries received after noon on Friday, October 14 will not be eligible to win a prize. Winning one week does not disqualify a participant from winning in another week with new content. The same content is not eligible to win more than once.
Contest Official Rules
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to Augsburg College, Bethel University, St. Catherine University, and St. Thomas University freshmen students participating in the promotional Metro Transit Go-To card fall 2016 program. Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participants must be U.S. residents 18 years of age or older.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Smith Partners PLLP, Counsel to the Central Corridor Anchor Partnership (“Partnership”), as final and binding as they relate to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online via the hashtag #10dollarTransitBonus through Friday, October 14, 2016 at noon Central Standard Time (CST). All online entries must be received by Friday, October 14, 2016 at noon CST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by Tweeting a Metro Transit-themed vine, video, photo via Twitter with the hashtag #10dollarTransitBonus. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or that do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Smith Partners PLLP. You may enter as many times during the weekly Contest periods as you would like. Each entry is only eligible for consideration in one week of the Contest. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Smith Partners PLLP.
5. Prizes: There are four prizes, each of which is a $25 Starbucks™ gift card. The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will be selected by noon each Friday of the contest period (September 23, September 30, October 7, October 14) based on the submitted content with the most social media engagements (favorites and re-Tweets). The winner will be announced the following Monday and will receive a $25 gift card to Starbucks™. The winner will be announced on Partnership and various other social media, and contacted directly via Twitter. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Smith Partners PLLP to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Prizes will be awarded within 30 days after participants have been notified of winning.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and social media engagements (favoriting and re-Tweeting) of the entries.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by tabulating the number of social media engagements (favorites and re-Tweets) each entry Tweet receives, under the supervision of Smith Partners PLLP. Winner will be notified by direct message via Twitter within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Smith Partners PLLP shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SMITH PARTNER PLLP’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Smith Partners PLLP and anyone acting on behalf of the Smith Partners PLLP and Smith Partners PLLP’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Smith Partners PLLP. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Smith Partners PLLP from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Smith Partners PLLP may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Smith Partners PLLP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Smith Partners PLLP’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Smith Partners PLLP may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Smith Partners PLLP. Smith Partners PLLP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Smith Partners PLLP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made Smith Partners PLLP reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Smith Partners PLLP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND MINNESOTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
This fall, freshmen students at St. Catherine University, St. Thomas University, Augsburg College, and Bethel University are eligible to receive an additional $10 on their Go-To cards.